Thursday, October 27, 2011

"I Will Never Leave You"........He PROMISED!






There's an old song that came to mind today which reminded me of my frailty before an omnipotent, all powerful God that calls me friend. The chorus of the song I mentioned says "I can’t even walk without you holding my hand". I remember when my oldest daughter began walking and started taking her first steps of independence and would sometimes fall down in the process. It was unnerving for me at first because I wanted to be there and prevent the bumps and the bruises. But I soon realized that those occurrences were necessary for her to be physically and emotionally conditioned to deal with difficulty. Moreover, during the process I stood right there ensuring that she was not exposed to any real danger; and should any arise I was prepared and well able to defend her cause. Likewise, God allows us to experience the bruises and the growing pains of life even though he is standing close by. This he does to build our faith and trust in him. Rest assured today that he is not only present, but he is quite able to defend your cause should a situation arise. He is Jehovah Shammah, the one who is there. Remember his promise--"I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Hebrews 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,

“Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment