Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Encourage Yourself





When all else fails, encourage yourself. Thank God for a new day and a new opportunity to show him my gratitude. Yesterday was very overwhelming and I felt completely out of sorts. My mind swirled about with thoughts about my life, family, present financial struggle, etc. So much was going on in my mind, but I remained hopeful. I am hopeful because things could be worse; and where I am is a temporary place. The strength and hope that I clutched onto for dear life was the word of God from 2 Corinthian 6:10. "As sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor yet enriching many; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things." Despite the challenges I face in my day to day, I am resolved to approach every situation with a grateful heart. Remember the story of David (See 1 Samuel 30: 6)? Even he had to encourage himself in the Lord because a group of people wanted to stone him. It has not gotten that bad..... yet. I don't think! So pat yourself on the back and encourage yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment