Friday, August 12, 2011

"Really" trusting God


Today I had an interview for a job opportunity that came available and was reminded of the movie "Facing the Giants". In the movie "losing" Coach Grant Taylor made a vow to the Lord that whether he won or lost his football games that he would resolve to trust the Lord. After watching the movie I also made a commitment to trust the Lord in whatever life situation I found myself. However, I realized today that when I initially made that vow and have since repeated it several times, I did not in all honesty believe in the true essence of the statement. In fact, I wanted to "win" and trust God. But, a new day has dawned and I can truly say that I've embraced the truest sense of that quote. "Lord, if I win I'll trust you; and if I lose, I'll still trust you". You ask--what changed? Well, it's an experience each of us must encounter. And when your understanding is enlightened in this encounter you will experience God's peace regardless of the outcome. It is then that you'll KNOW whether or not you are "really" trusting God.


Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment